The occurrence of printer and scanner problems in Windows is very common regardless of which one you are using, 7, 8, 10, doesn’t matter. Despite the fact that everything is in good state, still the printer doesn’t respond when it comes to print your document. Below is the process of how you can solve the basic printer connectivity or other related problems. The method mentioned below is only for the Windows 10.
- Make sure your printer is turned on and connected to your PC.
- If it still won’t work, try running the printing troubleshooter.
- If you’re still having problems, your printer may need a new driver.
- Open Start, enter Devices and Printers, select it from the list of results, and select your printer. Then select Remove device at the top of the screen and reinstall your printer.
- If Windows doesn’t automatically find a new driver, look for one on the device manufacturer’s website and follow their installation instructions.
Printers are simple devices depending on which one you have. Obviously if you have a better printer with all the bells and whistles like a scanner, faxing capabilities and so on, then the unit will be a bit more complicated. Believe it or not, the ink is the most complicated part of a printer. I mean think about it. The ink must spray out and pretty much instantaneously be dry. And last for a while without loosing its color or pigmentation. That’s quite a tall order! You can get a good deal on inkjet and toner here.
But if your machine is just a simple one, don’t be afraid to go to the next step and actually take off the cover and see what’s inside. I mean, it isn’t working anyway, right?
Do NOT take your printer apart if it is still under warranty.
Once you do, your warranty expires and the company does NOT have to honor anything!
But if it’s older, and there is no warranty, why not give it one last shot? Opening it up you may see something obvious like a loose wire, or it’s just really dirty inside.
If you smoke or your home attracts a lot of dust, build up often happens inside your printer and you don’t even see it happening. Try using a can of air. These are cans of pressurized air that is completely clean and made and used specifically for cleaning electronic components.
Spray some where all of the connections are, or any moving parts would be.
Then try the above steps again.
If the printer is still not working, it may be time to throw it in the recycle bin and get a new one. Just being honest!